Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dirt-- it's really dirty

The boys were invited to a birthday party the other day.  When they got home they were all jazzed and excited about how much fun they had.  So I start asking them questions about the party.

Me:  So did you have cake?  (cause that's the most important part you know)

Rugby:  No

Me:  What?  You they didn't have cake?  What kind of party doesn't have cake?

Rugs:  Oh, they had cake!  But it had dirt and bugs all over it!  It was gross Mom!  I wasn't eating that!

Me:  Do you mean it was dirt cake?

Rugs:  No, it had dirt on the cake.

Goob enters the scene

Goob:  It was totally Oreos and gummy bugs, it wasn't real.

Rugby:  How do you know?  It looked real!

Goob:  Why would they have real dirt and bugs?

Rugs:  That's what I was thinking but you never know.


What kind of world do we live in where Goob is talking sense?

Its dirt cake for crying out loud!  You're a boy, you eat dirt anyway, just eat it already!

Nope.

My boy, he has principles.

3 comments:

iammommahearmeroar said...

Oooh, I haven't thought about dirt cake in a long time! YUM!!! Too bad Rugs missed out. Man! I would have eaten his!

Breck said...

I can't believe that they didn't remember that you have made that before. That is too funny! Can you tell I am home with the computer that really works?

Tanya Ott said...

We had a similar experience with our daughter's 5th birthday party. What cracked me up, though, was the boys refused eat the cake but the girls scarfed it up!

For April Fool's day, here are some more great ideas for "tricky" foods for kids.

http://necessarypleasures.blogspot.com/2011/04/april-fools-day-food-fun.html

Enjoy!

~Tanya
Necessary Pleasures Family Food Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails