Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Magic Pants

Last summer I discovered these little beauties.  I bought myself a pair and wore them hard all summer long.  They were comfortable, just over the knee and they looked dressy with the right top.... blah blah blah.  They were basically my magic pants.

When I find something that I love, I go out and buy it in every color and live in it.

So I set out in search of my summer supply of magic pants and I found just what I was looking for.  Jackpot!!  I quickly snatched up a pair and headed to the dressing room.  I immerged proudly sporting my perfect find.

The sales lady that was helping me says, "You know, some people can do knit and some people can't.  You definitely can't."

I just stared at her....  blink blink.

I don't know what hurt worse; knowing that I can't wear knits or knowing that everyone on the entire planet has already seen my butt in these pants for a whole summer!

Thanks lady but you're a little too late to this party.  I'll think of you every single time I pull on my pants of shame!

Do these pants make me look fat?

(No, your butt does!)

8 comments:

bingham 5 said...

I can't decide if I like the honesty of salespeople or not. If a perfect stranger can tell me things my friends won't - I'll take the mean truth.

d.n.williamson said...

WHAT?!?!?!? Where in the world were you shopping? Were you asking for her opinion? I have a few pair of those and love them too. Sooooo comfy.

Anonymous said...

Some people just have to steal others'sunshine! BOOO Saleslady!! BOOOO!


j

Karen said...

Ignorance is bliss. Which is why I've stopped looking in the mirror anywhere below my shoulders.

Margene said...

She lied. Remember last summer I asked you where you bought them because I wanted to look as cute as you did in them. When I got back to California I could find any. So I will continue my look for this summer.

iammommahearmeroar said...

She did not say that to you! Fire her! (I guess you can't do that, but someone should!)

Tina said...

This is too funny to not comment! I don't know which one I prefer... To live in ignorant bliss, OR to know not to wear in public...

I made the kids Easter bags thanks to instructions on sheri's blog and thought they could double for church bags. Sure, they were a little wild, but I was going for fun. Thankfully, a good friend was nice enough to inform me that they looked like purses on the first Sunday and not after they had been carrying them for a summer ;). From now on I will be making them new manly bags!

*Abby* said...

Sadness... what a rude sales lady!

Related Posts with Thumbnails