Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ring Ring, It's for you...

I absolutely hate when people are talking on the phone and then try to talk to people around them at the same time.

I firmly believe that when you are on the phone, you are on the phone.

I'm not going to stop my conversation with you to yell at my kids, say hi to someone else, answer another call-- no, you are my number one priority.  If this changes, I will politely excuse myself from our conversation.

If you are expecting a call or you know you are going to be occupied-- then don't answer the phone!!!

There is nothing that drives me nuts like someone talking to me on the phone and still trying to maintain a conversation with an entirely different person.  How about the twerp that tries to email or watch TV and talk on the phone!  Argh!

NO THANK YOU!

I will talk to you when you have time to talk.

This has become a source of contention for the mister and I.  When I am on the phone I completely tune out all other noise around me and maintain concentration on my conversation.  I never hear the mister ask me questions or acknowledge his presence at all.  This drives him completely insane!

Sorry, I can't help it.  That's how I roll.

What's your phone hang-up?

5 comments:

Karen said...

I try not to get too distracted while I'm on the phone, but I don't know how you're able to talk on the phone without yelling out to the kids every once in a while. They're always all over me when I'm on the phone. My hat's off to you.

iammommahearmeroar said...

The yelling at my kids part is pretty much inevitable, since they get too loud for me to hear the person on the other line. However, I never type e-mails or do anything to crazy. Please don't stop calling me! I'll try to muzzle the boys! :)

bingham 5 said...

I hate talking on the phone. Period.

Barb said...

Call waiting. I despise call waiting. When I hear, "oh, I have another call, can you just hang on a second?" I say, "sure."

And then I hang up. I'm sure I'm more important than who ever is on the other line ;)

April said...

I couldn't agree more. The only person I have the guts to say anything to is my husband, and I can always tell when he's trying to multitask. I can almost tell what his other attempted task is, depending on how his voice sounds. Oh, even more annoying: people talking on the phone while trying to do other things in public - like checking out groceries and talking on the phone.

Related Posts with Thumbnails