Saturday, July 24, 2010

A few great tips from me...

We took the kids to go see Despicable Me yesterday.  I laughed so hard I nearly peed.  It was that good.  Here is a sneak peek at the trailer.

I just love Steve Carell and it has some great one liners in his typical style.  You'll love taking your kids to see this one.

I found a few really awesome travel tips in this month's issue of Real Simple.

Farecompare.com  This fun website has great last minute deals.  It also allows you to compare several different companies like Expedia, Orbitz and more at the same time so you don't have to fish around the Internet to find a good price.  I love the idea of spontaneous travel and this site helps you find something great in an instant.  It also gives you great tips about when to buy and how to get the best deal.

Lastminutecruises.com is also a super fun site for those who want a smokin' deal with a little advanced notice.  It's cruises that aren't totally booked that start reducing their prices up to 3 months in advance.  I'm drooling over this site.  I've been itching to go on a cruise for a while and maybe now I'll get my chance.

I've also been spending a lot of time over at The Pioneer Woman.  I've been in a cooking mood the last few days and oh does she have some good recipes.  I made her bacon wrapped jalapeno thingies,

her amazing chocolate cake,

her sloppy joes

and her baked lemon pasta

is on my list for tonight.  I have to tell you-- she is amazing.  I'm loving her stuff.  She has a knack for good eats.  I've been looking at her favorite's list and slowly working through it.  Oh, you are going to love it.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

So you're doing the lemon pasta tonight?? Please review! I thought that one was so intriguing. Lemme know if you like it. :)

The Snow Queen said...

Oh we are so alike! I love her lemon pasta and the bacon wrapped jalapeños! Funny that of all her recipies we like the same ones!

iammommahearmeroar said...

I'm with Mandi....how's the lemon pasta? Those bacon thingies look amazing! I shouldn't have stopped in while I was hungry.

Thanks for the great tips! You rock.

Mrs. Ohtobe said...

I love all those too!! You gotta take on her cinnamon rolls next. To. Die. For.

Related Posts with Thumbnails