Friday, August 27, 2010

Stupid Ride!

The other day we took the kids to Great America.  I've made a big effort not to carry a bag around the park all season long.  It's annoying and there is no place for it to go while you are on certain rides.

This time I decided I didn't want to carry around the obscenely big season cups (which are a total rip off and I'm determined to get my money out of).  So I brought a small back pack and carried them inside until we needed them.  That's all I put in the bag so it wouldn't be big and heavy.

We approach a ride and the lady at the front tells me that I can't bring my bag any further.  She tells me that there are lockers right behind me that I can stow my bag in for a dollar.  I look at her and fling my bag up above the lockers.  She seems slightly annoyed and informs me that Great America is not liable for any lost or stolen items if I choose to put it there.  I smile and say, "I'm fine with that just as long as you don't take it to try and teach me a lesson."  (I thought I was so cleaver and funny.)

I come off the ride about 10 minutes later and see that my bag has been taken.  I ask the lady if she took it to be funny and she says no.  She tells me that her supervisor has taken the bag to lost and found and that I can go and get it just around the corner there.

OK.  I'm slightly miffed but I figure it was my own fault anyway.

I head the 3 million miles down to the lost and found and stand in line for about 35 mins.  Finally when it's my turn the lady tells me that no one has turned in my back pack.

Ugh.

I head back 3 million miles to the ride and tell this to the lady.  I ask her if she could call her supervisor so I can go and get my bag.  She monkeys around for another 15 minutes until she informs me that it was at the ride the whole time.  Oopies. 

Yeah right!

So 6 million miles and 45 minutes later I am reunited with my stupid back pack and my expensive drink cups.  As I go to leave she stops me.  Apparently she felt the need to remind me that it's never a good idea to leave your bag unattended.  (a little too smugly if you ask me)

Stupid ride helper.

I'm pretty sure I was her entertainment for the day.

Stupid ride.  Stupid bag.  Stupid cups.

I'm done with you.

Lesson learned.  (Maybe)

Next time I just have to make sure she doesn't see me first.

6 comments:

Julaine said...

you were totally her entertainment for the day. I bet she was telling all her co-workers about the story to, laughing and all.

Cassie said...

HILARIOUS!!!! That made me laugh out loud! I bet she had a great time trying to tick you off!

Anonymous said...

LOL! what a brat!
im guessing she has this same story posted on her blog as well, just told a little differntly! haha.

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Ooh what a total snot! I would be so mad (hoochie momma is the alternative title for her).

iammommahearmeroar said...

I would be seriously ticked off. Grrrr!

Unknown said...

Can you believe the rip off of $1 to hold your bag for maybe 2 rides. I hate parks and their sneaky, underhanded ways of making money. You handled it very well, I would have said many bad words and been dragged out of the park. All and all it was a funny story. You have lots of good stories. I do hope you write in your journal so you family will remember how funny you were, are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails