Saturday, November 20, 2010

Jesus Bugs

A few days ago Zoey was telling me what she learned in school that day.  She told me that her class had watched a movie about different things you might find in the rain forest.  She said the one she remembered the most was about a bug who could walk on the water. 

She said, "They called it the Jesus bug in the movie.  Get it Mom?  You know, cause it could walk on the water just like Jesus." 

I assured her that I did in fact get it. 

Then she says, "But it doesn't look like Jesus at all.  The bug needed long hair, a beard and some robes and then they could call it the Jesus bug." 

I look at her as seriously as I can and say, "Come on Zoey, who would sew the tiny little robes for them?" 

She looks at me with equal seriousness and says, "The bug moms would."

I stand corrected.


Dear Jesus Bugs,

     Your title would be a lot more believable if you could grow some beards, long hair and get your bug mom's to sew you tiny little robes.  Just a thought.

Sincerely,

Zoey and her crazy Mom


OK, I feel a lot better getting that off my chest.  I hope they take that advice to heart.

2 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Hehehe that is awesome!

iammommahearmeroar said...

I could volunteer to sew a couple tiny robes, but I'm not commiting to the whole community of Jesus bugs. Okay?

Related Posts with Thumbnails