Wednesday, December 22, 2010

We're all gonna die!


I have to tell you that I just love Christmas time.  I mean-- I'm a serious Christmas nut case.  That being said, I have to take a little break and party until after Christmas passes.  I can't handle you guys and all the cookies I just have to eat to make the holiday proper.  You understand-- right?  You're the best!  See you after the holidays...

In the mean time...


We took a little trip to visit some family (another reason for my lack of posts) and Emerson was seriously concerned about our travel plans.

Em:  Mom, I don't think it's a good idea to fly on a plane.

Me:  Well, you know planes are pretty safe buddy.

Em:  Um... what if we crash?

Me:  We won't crash.

Em:  Well, I'm not sitting in a window seat that's for sure.

Me:  Why not?

Em:  Because everybody knows if you sit in a window seat-- you die!

Me:  What?

Em:  If the plane crashes and you're sitting in the window seat you always die.  But if you're sitting in the middle you just get hurt really bad.  I'm never sitting in the window-- ever!

Me:  If the plane crashes we're all pretty much dead anyway.

Em:  Moooom!  Well, at least they have parachutes...

Me:  They don't have parachutes on the airplane.

Em:  Oh no, we're all gonna die!

Fast forward to the trip....

Em:  (Chanting really loudly)  We're all going to die!  There is nothing holding us up in the air!  We're all gonna die!  What was that?  Is this thing really safe?

Me:  Em, you have to pipe down cause you're scaring the other passengers and we're NOT going to die.  People fly all the time and they are just fine.

Em:  OK, but we're so going to die.


Just so you know, we didn't die and we are back safely on the ground. 

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!  I just love you guys!

2 comments:

Margene said...

I am so happy you didn't die, and are here with us instead. Merry Christmas.

Sweeter Hours said...

Omigoodness this is quite funny.
Happy holidays!

Related Posts with Thumbnails