Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sick Day

This past week I've been battling a cold that just won't quit.  I wake up feeling like my head grew ten sizes in my sleep.  My throat is soar and scratchy and I just feel yucky.

I have come to realize that being sick is both bad and good.

The bads are-- well, you're sick.  duh.

The goods are you have an instant excuse for anything that may go wrong.

I don't get sick very often but when I do my kids approach me with caution.  They look at my very intently like I might be taking my last breath.  They think I'm old enough that I could keel over and die any second.  They have been very helpful and willing to do whatever I've needed them to do this week.  Well, you know, it might be the last time they ever hear my voice....  sniff sniff.

I have found that whispering, when sick, is an excellent way to get your kids' attention.

Me:  Do you think you could do your laundry?

Kid:  Sure Mom no problem.  Do you need anything else?

Me:  No, I'll be ok-- really.  Cough Cough

Kid:  Oh, I hope you feel better soon.

It's been several days worth of eating out, extra attention and a quiet house.  I'm pretty sure the Mister is just about done with sick me.

I've been milking it just a little-- maybe.  But hey, this is as close as I can get to a vacation.  Don't judge!

4 comments:

Cassie said...

You have got it down to an art! Now all I need is to get sick...maybe I will go to a daycare or playland....oh the possibilities!!! :)Feel better

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

I say MILK IT!

iammommahearmeroar said...

Smooth move, Lec. I think I'll have to wait till my kids are a little older before I can fully take advantage of that one. Hmmm...you got my wheels turning, though. You are so funny.

Laura said...

Leca, I don't know you, but I adore you. I think you and your blog are just about perfect! Thank you for sharing. You bring joy to many of my days :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails