Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pee Pee On The Lawn, a cautionary tale


Emerson came home from school the other day very upset.  His class had entered a contest where everyone had to come up with something artistic about uniting people around the world.  His class chose to display that through pottery.  Everyone had to fill out a form, giving thier pottery a title and a small explination.

He didn't win anything and he was super bummed about it.  I proceeded to cheer him up with all of my best mommy speeches about doing your best and being proud of your work.  blah blah blah...

He doesn't look convinced and hands me his form to throw away.  I quickly glance through it and something catches my eye.  In the middle of the form in very large lettering my son has written, PEE PEE ON THE LAWN.

"Ummm....  Em, why does your form say, pee pee on the lawn?"  I ask.

"Because, my pot is yellow and it looks just like the color of pee!" he replies.

"Well, that explains why you didn't win." I tell him.  "The judges are a bunch of people who are looking to be inspired about how we can all love each other and you write pee on your entry form?  That pretty much sealed the deal for you."

He shrugs and concludes, "Well, it does look like pee...  oh well!"  Then happily skitters out the door to play.

The moral of the story is, don't name your art after bodily fluids.

I hope we've all learned a valuable lesson today.  I know I have.

4 comments:

Carlie said...

hahahah that is too funny!

Lyndsay Detro said...

Hilarious!!

I love your new sidebar picture, by the way.

LINDSEY said...

Good times!

The Snow Queen said...

So the bundt cake I named poop log won't win the ward bake off? Thanks for the valuable life lesson I knew I read your blog for a reason. PS. I really need to go to a spa.

Related Posts with Thumbnails